Effective as of November 6, 2022
This Statement of Privacy applies to https://theprivacypractitioner.com ("The Privacy Practitioner") and governs data collection and usage. By using The Privacy Practitioner website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered, The Privacy Practitioner may collect personal data, such as:
- First and Last Name
- Email Address
- Payment Information
You may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services. These may include: (a) registering for an account; (b) sending us an email message; (c) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services. To wit, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us.
Use of your Personal Information
The Privacy Practitioner collects and uses your personal information to operate and deliver the services you have requested.
The Privacy Practitioner may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from The Privacy Practitioner and its affiliates.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
The Privacy Practitioner does not sell, rent, or lease its customer lists to third parties.
The Privacy Practitioner may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to The Privacy Practitioner, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
The Privacy Practitioner may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on The Privacy Practitioner or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of The Privacy Practitioner; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of The Privacy Practitioner, or the public.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by The Privacy Practitioner. This information can include: your user agents, device dimensions (mobile vs. desktop), domain names, access times, and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of The Privacy Practitioner website.
The Privacy Practitioner website may use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize The Privacy Practitioner pages, or register with The Privacy Practitioner site or services, a cookie helps The Privacy Practitioner to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same The Privacy Practitioner website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use The Privacy Practitioner features that you customized.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security of your Personal Information
The Privacy Practitioner secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. The Privacy Practitioner uses the following methods for this purpose:
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records; and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
The Privacy Practitioner does not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
From time to time, The Privacy Practitioner may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from The Privacy Practitioner, you may opt out of such communications by notifying us.
Changes to this Statement
The Privacy Practitioner welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that The Privacy Practitioner has not adhered to this Statement, please contact The Privacy Practitioner via email.